Are you preparing to purchase a new set of surgical instruments for your healthcare facility? If so, it’s important that you do your due diligence to ensure any new equipment you gather will not just perform the tasks you need them to, but also improve your productivity, patient care and overall surgeon satisfaction.
Here are just a few of the steps you should follow when researching and purchasing new surgical equipment in Lubbock, TX:
- Spend some time going over your inventory: Before you start shopping for new items, it’s a good idea to review and update your current inventory of surgical instruments. This will allow you to analyze which instruments get the most use, which are the most effective and efficient overall, which are the essential instruments for running your facility and generally what you do and don’t have in stock. This will prove to be a crucial guide in helping you develop a budget for purchasing new surgical equipment and prioritizing what you should get in your next purchase.
- Develop a budget: After you’ve created an inventory of your current surgical instruments, you can create a budget for your next purchase. This process can be challenging, because you’ll have to consider who you’re purchasing the products from, whether or not you need to make any technological upgrades, how quickly you can expect your inventory to turn over and the quality of the products you’re looking at. But for the most part, anyone who manages the purchase of surgical instruments and supplies should have a good handle on average market prices.
- Research: Carefully research the available products on the market. The internet has made this process easier than ever before. Simply searching for particular products on Google will not only give you a sense of what they cost, but will also allow you to find numerous distributors of those products, as well as reviews of those products from actual customers and from trade publications. You may even be able to find customized trays or sets for specific procedures that include all the instruments you need in a single convenient package.
- Consider the company: You’ll find a variety of distributors that will have what you need, so you’ll have to narrow down which one you’ll eventually order from. Look for special offers or sales, check on shipping times and quote policies and pay special attention to how long a company has been in business and the kinds of clients they work with.
- Build a lasting relationship: Once you’ve chosen a distributor, you should seek to build and maintain that relationship. Not only will this make it easier for you to get everything you need with every order, but you may find that it also opens up some new savings opportunities down the road.
If you’re interested in learning more about the steps you should take when buying brand new surgical equipment in Lubbock, TX, we encourage you to contact the team at Stat Biomedical Inc. today. We look forward to helping you get the equipment you need for your office!
Categorised in: Surgical Equipment
This post was written by Writer