Are you looking to replace the imaging equipment in your clinic? Perhaps it’s outdated, or perhaps it simply doesn’t do all the tasks you want it to do. Whatever the case may be, it’s important that you do your research before browsing ultrasound sales in Lubbock, TX.
Here are some factors to keep in mind as you look to purchase a brand new ultrasound machine for your clinic:
- Price: Obviously price isn’t going to be the sole determining factor you use in making your decision, but it’s certainly something to keep in mind. Beyond just the initial cost you pay for the machine, consider what you’d pay in maintenance, the price of replacement parts and how it compares in total cost of ownership to other machines you’ll find on the market. The cheapest option isn’t always (and usually isn’t) the best option.
- Features: You should have a clear sense of the features you need before you begin browsing available machine options. For example, you’ll want to keep an eye on the frequencies of the machines. The frequency is inversely proportional to how deep the waves will go in the body. The higher the frequency, the more superficial the imaging will be, with the reverse being true as well. You should also keep an eye on power output. A higher power output could cause burns to the epidermis or other tissues, so lower power outputs are generally a better option.
- Warranty and service: Be sure to look at the length of the manufacturer’s warranty any time you investigate an ultrasound machine. Consider also the duration of service contracts, cancellation fees, response times, costs of parts and other similar issues.
- Usage: How will you be using the machine in your clinic? In which environment will it be used? These circumstances will help you determine the features you need in the machine to be able to effectively do your job. The technicians can also help you get the best fit of machine for your needs.
- Technical support: If you purchase a service contract along with your ultrasound equipment, you’ll also need to consider the kind of technical support and system updates you’ll have access to as part of that contract. What kind of access will you have to the service technicians? Will the vendor be able to run diagnostics on refurbished equipment, or troubleshoot any types of problems that arise? These are questions you will want to consider.
- Part availability: If you need to buy new parts for your ultrasound machine, you need to have parts and consumables that are readily available. If those parts are rare or expensive, then you’re probably going to want to look at a different machine. Or if the company you’re looking through does not have a spare parts policy, that company probably won’t be the right fit for you.
For more tips about how you can choose the best ultrasound machine for your clinic, contact Stat Biomedical Inc. and we’ll give you more information about ultrasound sales in Lubbock, TX.
Categorised in: Ultrasound Sales
This post was written by Writer